Cristina on Juan Ponce Enrile: "I was never separated from him. He just lives in another house"

 
 
Screenshot of a photo uploaded on the Facebook page of Bawal ang Pasaway kay Mareng Winnie
 
"They say that I was separated from him. No, I was never separated from him. He just lives in another house," Cristina Castañer Enrile, wife of Senator Juan Ponce Enrile (JPE), told Solita Monsod in a rare one-on-one interview in her Bawal ang Pasaway Kay Mareng Winnie program that aired Monday, March 2, on GMA News TV.
 
Cristina has publicly admitted to knowing about her husband’s affair with his chief of staff, Atty. Jessica “Gigi” Reyes.
 
Reyes was the reason she left for the United States.
 
"I had heard that she was already too long. He has had many girls before Gigi but they don't last too long. With Gigi, it lasted long. Somebody told me that it's not only this time but more years that you don't know.
 
"So I said it's useless for me to be always tense in my house. I was always having that anxiety. Masamang loob mo palagi."
 
It's possibly the first confirmation of the affair, an open secret in political circles for as long as the 90s, but was repeatedly denied by JPE.  
 
Cristina was 18 when she married the rising lawyer, a Harvard graduate who was 13 years her senior. 
 
"I respected his brains.... I respected his knowledge of life and everything. I found him attractive because he is a very bright person. That is what I wanted to get married to, a man with brains." 
 
JPE started having affairs just 6 months after Cristina gave birth to their first child. She tolerated these affairs and blamed the girls who threw themselves at him. It was never the case that JPE sought them out, she said. 
 
Sen Juan Ponce Enrile shares a moment with Gigi Reyes. Facebook photo
 
Monsod asked if she met Reyes. Cristina responded: 
 
"Yes. Only one time." 
 
What happened? "I would rather not say," she said and laughed with Monsod. "It was not nice," Cristina continued.
 
Monsod pressed. "You gave it to her?" She answered: "Well, yes." Monsod laughed again but Cristina didn't. She continued to say: "I decided na mag-alsa-balutan (leave) and try to get a divorce." 
 
Cristina left for the US to get a divorce. She sent JPE the papers to sign. But she would return after JPE told her: 

"Over my dead body will I give you a divorce."
 
Cristina returned without conditions. She just kept quiet, she said. 
 
"So you love him," said Monsod. Cristina responded, "I think the word is an affection that I have because he is the father of my children. I respect him for that."
 
But JPE's affair with Gigi continued. "For a while, they lay low," she said.
 
Juan Ponce-Enrile takes his oath as Senate President of the 15th Congress, 26 July 2010. He is shown here with his wife Cristina. PHOTO BY JOE ARAZAS FROM JPE'S FACEBOOK PAGE
 
Cristina defended her husband against allegations that he is the so-called "smuggling king" of Cagayan province.   
 
"From the very beginning, he said—I was present at that meeting—he said I do not want to know that anybody tries to smuggle anything even a toothpick." 
 
Cristina also said she does not believe the Senate minority leader is involved in the Priority Development Assistance Fund scam.  
 
"I think he has more intelligence than that." 
 
Cristina said she has never met detained businesswoman Janet Lim-Napoles nor Ruby Tuason, who has said she delivered kickbacks from allegedly anomalous PDAF-funded projects to Reyes.
 
"I don't even know who they are. I've never seen them." 
 
JPE is facing a plunder complaint at the Office of the Ombudsman over his alleged involvement in the scam.
 
Get regular updates straight from your Facebook and Twitter accounts with The Blog of Innocence: SilentVoice Points. Make sure that you keep informed about the latest happenings around you. Be a fan of VoicePoints page on Facebook. Join the online conversation of the people behind your history. Follow and get some tweet updates from @voicepoints on Twitter. Discuss and be a part of this changing world. We believe in your voice. We believe in you. Shout! Speak your mind! Join now! You have the right. You have the freedom!

Need advertising partners? Email us now silentvoicepoints@yahoo.com. Advertise with us!
 

0 comments:

SEARCH

Loading...

Translate This Blog

Featured on

Featured on

ADVERTISE WITH US

ADVERTISE WITH US

ADVERTISE WITH US