Sarah Geronimo, Lea Salonga to return to 'The Voice of the Philippines'

BY PAUL MICHAEL CAMANIA JARAMILLO

Singer Sarah Geronimo will still be part of the second season of the hit talent show "The Voice of the Philippines."

In an interview during the launch of her newest endorsement on Wednesday, Geronimo said she already said "yes" for the second season of "The Voice" despite her initial hesitation.

“Nag-yes na po kami for the second season. Noong una, ayaw ko kasi traumang-trauma na ako, e."

The Voice of Pop also revealed that Lea Salonga also accepted the offer.
“Pero sabi ko, si Ms. Lea nag-yes na rin."

Tony award winner Salonga said she is more than willing to return as a coach for the second season of the hit TV talent competition.  

“I would like to do it again, and everybody in ABS knows that I want to do it again. It was just magical and I had the best time. I really enjoyed it, every step of it. I can’t speak for the others, not for Sarah, Bamboo or apl. I had the best time with the team. I have a really wonderful time having one-on-one with them, getting to know them better.” 

However, Salonga is still hoping that her schedule would permit her to do the show again.

“I want to do it again. I would be defending. I kind of would love to stay but then there are external forces that are no longer in my control. There’s my schedule, there’s a call of Broadway and there’s a call of other things. It was magical the first season because all of the stars aligned perfectly.” 

Salonga said she already informed the ABS-CBN management that she intends to stay as a coach, adding that said she would also love to see her fellow season one coaches when the show returns on air.

“I would love that it’s still the four of us. We had a great chemistry. It was wonderful. Sarah surprised so many people because her person got to the final two. I think after that, people were surprised by her. I’m hoping that she comes back because she can only get better at this.” 

Meanwhile, Bamboo Mañalac and Apl.de.ap said they will gladly jump on the judges' chair again, if given the chance. 

Auditions for 'The Voice of the Philippines' Season 2 will start on the fourth quarter of 2013 or early 2014.

Get regular updates straight from your Facebook and Twitter accounts with The Blog of Innocence: SilentVoice Points. Make sure that you keep informed about the latest happenings around you. Be a fan of VoicePoints page on Facebook. Join the online conversation of the people behind your history. Follow and get some tweet updates from @voicepoints on Twitter. Discuss and be a part of this changing world. We believe in your voice. We believe in you. Shout! Speak your mind! Join now! You have the right. You have the freedom!

Need advertising partners? Email us now silentvoicepoints@yahoo.com. Advertise with us!
 

0 comments:

SEARCH

Translate This Blog

Featured on

Featured on

ADVERTISE WITH US

ADVERTISE WITH US

ADVERTISE WITH US