Pope Francis: "I believe in God, not in a Catholic God"

 
REFORM BEGINS. Pope Francis (center) leads the historic meeting with his Council of Cardinals in Vatican City, October 1, 2013, aiming to reform the Catholic Church. Photo by EPA/Osservatore Romano
 
Pope Francis, in an interview published Tuesday, October 1, vowed to revamp the “Vatican-centric” government of the Catholic Church, and promised to return the Church to its people.
 
During a discussion with the atheist editor of La Repubblica, an Italian newspaper, Pope Francis once again made it clear that he is looking to reform the church.

“This Vatican-centric view neglects the world around us. I do not share this view and I'll do everything I can to change it. The Church is or should go back to being a community of God's people, and priests, pastors, and bishops who have the care of souls, are at the service of the people of God.
 
“And I believe in God, not in a Catholic God, there is no Catholic God, there is God and I believe in Jesus Christ, his incarnation. Jesus is my teacher and my pastor, but God, the Father, Abba, is the light and the Creator. This is my Being. Do you think we are very far apart?”

He explained to La Repubblica's Eugenio Scalfari: “The first thing I decided was to appoint a group of 8 cardinals to be my advisers. Not courtiers but wise people who share my own feelings. This is the beginning of a Church with an organization that is not just top-down but also horizontal."

His meeting with the Council of Cardinals, which will last until Thursday, October 3, will help achieve his objectives in an institutional way.

Get regular updates straight from your Facebook and Twitter accounts with The Blog of Innocence: SilentVoice Points. Make sure that you keep informed about the latest happenings around you. Be a fan of VoicePoints page on Facebook. Join the online conversation of the people behind your history. Follow and get some tweet updates from @voicepoints on Twitter. Discuss and be a part of this changing world. We believe in your voice. We believe in you. Shout! Speak your mind! Join now! You have the right. You have the freedom!

Need advertising partners? Email us now silentvoicepoints@yahoo.com. Advertise with us!
 

0 comments:

SEARCH

Translate This Blog

Featured on

Featured on

ADVERTISE WITH US

ADVERTISE WITH US

ADVERTISE WITH US