Ariella Arida answers criticisms on her English skills

BY PAUL MICHAEL CAMANIA JARAMILLO

Reacting to “bashers” on social media sites, Miss Universe Philippines 2013 Ariella Arida admitted that she is not as fluent in English compared to other Filipina beauty queens.

PROFILE: Miss Universe Philippines 2013 - Ariella Arida

In an interview on ANC’s “Headstart” on Monday, shortly before she left for Russia for the Miss Universe pageant, Arida said she is aware that she is having difficulty speaking in English, but she is doing her best to improve on her communication skills.

“I’m aware of it, actually. You know, I’ve got a lot of failings, especially on my communication skills and I’m doing my best to really express myself, to communicate myself, to convey a message to all of the people. Like what I’ve told my trainers, I will do my best in the competition. Because you know, when you get there [it’s not about how you speak English] but how you express yourself. Latinas can’t even speak a sentence, I mean a complete sentence in English. Many of the candidates have a translator. Many suggest that I should have a translator [but I won’t].”

While she recognizes the criticisms hurled at her on social media, Arida assured the public that she will do her best to bring home the Miss Universe crown.

When asked who she thinks are her strongest competitors in the pageant, Arida said:

“Puerto Rico, France and Spain.”

Get regular updates straight from your Facebook and Twitter accounts with The Blog of Innocence: SilentVoice Points. Make sure that you keep informed about the latest happenings around you. Be a fan of VoicePoints page on Facebook. Join the online conversation of the people behind your history. Follow and get some tweet updates from @voicepoints on Twitter. Discuss and be a part of this changing world. We believe in your voice. We believe in you. Shout! Speak your mind! Join now! You have the right. You have the freedom!

Need advertising partners? Email us now silentvoicepoints@yahoo.com. Advertise with us!

0 comments:

SEARCH

Loading...

Translate This Blog

Featured on

Featured on

ADVERTISE WITH US

ADVERTISE WITH US

ADVERTISE WITH US