President Benigno Aquino III has nominated 9 new ambassadors and expanded the jurisdiction of the Philippines' envoy to the United States, Deputy Presidential Spokesperson Abigail Valte said announced Friday, July 26.
- Cecilia Rebong, as permanent representative to the United Nations in Geneva, Switzerland
- Maria Rowena Sanchez, as ambassador extraordinary and plenipotentiary to the Republic of Turkey, with concurrent jurisdiction over the Republic of Azerbaijan;
- Victoriano Lecaros, as ambassador to the Czech Republic;
- Maria Theresa Lazaro, as ambassador to the French Republic with concurrent jurisdiction over the Principality of Monaco;
- Victor Ledda, as ambassador to the Kingdom of the Netherlands;
- Catalino Dilem Jr, as ambassador to the United Mexican States;
- Narciso Castañeda, as ambassador to the Sultanate of Oman;
- Edsel Barba, as ambassador to the Republic of Iraq; and
- Vicente Vivencio Bandillo, as ambassador to the People’s Republic of Bangladesh
Get regular updates straight from your Facebook and Twitter accounts with The Blog of Innocence: SilentVoice Points. Make sure that you keep informed about the latest happenings around you. Be a fan of VoicePoints page on Facebook. Join the online conversation of the people behind your history. Follow and get some tweet updates from @voicepoints on Twitter. Discuss and be a part of this changing world. We believe in your voice. We believe in you. Shout! Speak your mind! Join now! You have the right. You have the freedom!