Miss Philippines-Earth 2012 Candidates (40-42)

Miss Mun. of SAN FERNANDO, Romblon
MARGARET MAY LLAVOR
21 years old | BS Nursing Student

DESCRIBE YOUR CHILDHOOD/GROWING YEARS (8-13 Years old)
My mother inspires me in everything that I do. I was once a very shy girl who lacked confidence when it came to exposing myself in crowds. Whenever I had exposures, she was always there pushing me to give my best. My childhood years were very meaningful because I had my number one fan and believer, my mother.

WHAT LESSONS DID YOU LEARN FROM YOUR CHILDHOOD/GROWING YEARS?
I learned to be independent and to believe in myself. I also learned how to be strong and how to be responsible for every action and decision I make.

WHAT IS YOUR MOST MEMORABLE MOMENT?
My most memorable moment was when I was crowned Miss Romblon State University because I never expected to win despite the fact that I was my high school department's representative in the competition. Also, being the youngest among the candidates, there was a lot of pressure for me to get the title. Since I won, I have implemented an organization called the ECO-youths of RSU. I led this organization and encouraged the youth to become more responsible with our environment. Being God's instrument in environmental stewardship was one of my biggest accomplishment.

WHAT IS THE MOST UNUSUAL THING YOU'VE EVER DONE?
I led my high school schoolmates in environmental awareness activities on our island. We had tours, tree planting and cleaning operations to beautify mother nature.

WHAT IS YOUR AMBITION IN LIFE?
YOUTH: together for environmental preservation and conservation!

WHAT IS YOUR ENVIRONMENTAL ADVOCACY AND WHY DID YOU CHOOSE THIS?
We must use water, solar and wind power for transport. Business centers should also stop demanding for nonrenewable resources like fossil fuels. In this way we can contribute to environmental protection and conservation.

WHAT TIP CAN YOU SHARE TO PROMOTE SUSTAINABLE ENERGY FOR ALL?
One tip that I can share is to unplug household appliances when not in use. We should also use alternative ways in doing our everyday chores depending on our natural skills and not just on electrical energy. 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Miss Mun. of SAN FRANCISCO, Cebu
PRINCESS LIEZA MAZON
25 years old | Model and Actress

DESCRIBE YOUR CHILDHOOD/GROWING YEARS (8-13 Years old)
Growing up with my grandparents was a little tough because of the big generation gap. I've always been jealous of kids who grow up with both their moms and dads, as well as their siblings. This experience, however, has also taught me to be independent, God fearing and be respectful to elders.

WHAT LESSONS DID YOU LEARN FROM YOUR CHILDHOOD/GROWING YEARS?
My grandmother always tells me: "Learn how to take care of yourself because at the end of the day, all your friends and loved ones will be gone and you'll have nothing but yourself."

I also learned from my grandfather that "Change is not an overnight process." I was reminded this every time I got sick as a kid and I would always cry because I wanted to get better right after I took my medicine. So he had to make me realize that nothing can be done in an instant. Patience is a virtue my lolo taught me.

WHAT IS YOUR MOST MEMORABLE MOMENT?
Feb 13, 2005 -- finally reuniting with my mom in Japan.

WHAT IS THE MOST UNUSUAL THING YOU'VE EVER DONE?
Cooking and eating a frog in the Big Brother house.

WHAT IS YOUR AMBITION IN LIFE?
To be a celebrity make-up artist in the Philippines and to be able to build my mom a house wherever she wants to retire.

WHAT IS YOUR ENVIRONMENTAL ADVOCACY AND WHY DID YOU CHOOSE THIS?
Lessen product packaging -- we can save so much energy by using less packaging in every product there is, regardless of its size and price.

WHAT TIP CAN YOU SHARE TO PROMOTE SUSTAINABLE ENERGY FOR ALL?
Have only one TV set and not that many cars per household. We don't need n 3 television sets and 5 cars in a house that contains a family of three. 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Miss SAN JUAN City
SAMANTHA PURVOR
24 years old | Sports Sciences Student from the University of the Philippines

DESCRIBE YOUR CHILDHOOD/GROWING YEARS (8-13 Years old)
Strange and Beautiful.

WHAT LESSONS DID YOU LEARN FROM YOUR CHILDHOOD/GROWING YEARS?
My grandmother always tells me: Treat others the way you would want to be treated. Charity starts at home, but take it everywhere you go.

WHAT IS YOUR MOST MEMORABLE MOMENT?
Seeing a rainbow… when everything seemed so hopeless, with the company of someone I truly care about and sharing that moment.

WHAT IS THE MOST UNUSUAL THING YOU'VE EVER DONE?
I cooked rice with soap.

WHAT IS YOUR AMBITION IN LIFE?
To have a free clinic where doctors can dedicate their time freely to the less fortunate Filipino community.

WHAT IS YOUR ENVIRONMENTAL ADVOCACY AND WHY DID YOU CHOOSE THIS?
I want to promote & reinforce the use of solar bottles & solar panels to reduce the usage of coal fuel & consequently reduce the carbon emissions in the Philippines.

WHAT TIP CAN YOU SHARE TO PROMOTE SUSTAINABLE ENERGY FOR ALL?
Time management, self discipline & initiative to start and continue the sustainable use of energy to improve an active participation in environmental advocacies in the Philippines. 


Click here to view full list of candidates.  
Get regular updates straight from your Facebook and Twitter accounts with The Blog of Innocence: SilentVoice Points. Make sure that you keep informed about the latest happenings around you. Be a fan of VoicePoints page on Facebook. Join the online conversation of the people behind your history. Follow and get some tweet updates from @voicepoints on Twitter. Discuss and be a part of this changing world. We believe in your voice. We believe in you. Shout! Speak your mind! Join now! You have the right. You have the freedom!
 
Need advertising partners? Email us now silentvoicepoints@yahoo.com.  Advertise with us!

0 comments:

SEARCH

Translate This Blog

Featured on

Featured on

ADVERTISE WITH US

ADVERTISE WITH US

ADVERTISE WITH US