Miss Philippines-Earth 2012 Candidates (31-33)

Miss MUNTINLUPA City
KATHLEEN SUBIJANO
24 years old | Lifestyle Columnist/Assistant Editor

DESCRIBE YOUR CHILDHOOD/GROWING YEARS (8-13 Years old)
I was a very shy child. So shy, in fact, that I wasn't fond of joining workshops or playing sports because I wasn't comfortable around new people/children. Thus, I spent most of my childhood leading a quiet existence at home and in school.

WHAT LESSONS DID YOU LEARN FROM YOUR CHILDHOOD/GROWING YEARS?
In hindsight, I definitely regret not having the courage to try new things, so I've tried to be braver and more adventurous in my twenties.

WHAT IS YOUR MOST MEMORABLE MOMENT?
It would have to be going home empty-handed after the coronation night of Binibining Pilipinas 2011. Experiencing such profound disappointment (on national television, no less) and picking up the pieces during the aftermath was a lesson in resilience and strength and I'm sure there will be a lot more lessons that I will be able to glean from that as I mature and further distance myself from that event.

WHAT IS THE MOST UNUSUAL THING YOU'VE EVER DONE?
Quite frankly, joining a national beauty pageant was the most unusual thing I've ever done.

WHAT IS YOUR AMBITION IN LIFE?
To be completely honest, my ambition in life is to be able to try as many of the opportunities that are available to me throughout life so that when I'm old, I'll be living with as little regret as possible. Since I studied and work in media, I am working towards becoming a positive media personality through my own merit.

WHAT IS YOUR ENVIRONMENTAL ADVOCACY AND WHY DID YOU CHOOSE THIS?
My personal environmental advocacy would be paper recycling and the conservation of forestry because I work in the publishing industry. Obviously, it's one of the industries that's responsible for excessive consumption of paper and perhaps as a result of that, deforestation. Ever since I was a grade school student, I made a point of saving paper by turning it into scratch paper and it's a practice that I've been consistent with until today. At present, I'm pleased with the gradual shift of the publishing industry towards digital platforms. However, an e-book can never replace the feeling of holding a cherished, dog-eared book in your hand, so I hope that one day, paper recycling will become the norm so that the publishing industry, along with several other industries, will adopt the practice of printing on 100% recycled paper and as a result, we will be able to conserve our rapidly diminishing forests and their inhabitants.

WHAT TIP CAN YOU SHARE TO PROMOTE SUSTAINABLE ENERGY FOR ALL?
From what I've learned, the most effective way to encourage sustainable energy (or any environmental advocacy for that matter) is to target and pressure multinational companies to discontinue environmentally unsound practices and adopt more earth-friendly alternatives. For instance, if consumers become more insistent with the demand for solar powered cars, car companies will be convinced to produce them for mass consumption. If that happens, almost everybody will be relying on the sun, an entirely renewable energy resource (until it burns out millions of years from now), to power their vehicles and it will drastically change the way we consume energy. In that sense, engine fuel will be sustainable indefinitely. However, if we are talking practical tips for everyday consumers, the easiest way to go about it would be to purchase compact fluorescent bulbs. They use 75% less energy in comparison to traditional incandescent bulbs and last up to 10 times longer. The fewer times you need to replace a bulb, the less resources are consumed. On top of that you can reduce carbon dioxide emissions by 67 pounds over the lifetime of the bulb. As a result, you can reduce your carbon footprint and minimize your contribution to greenhouse gases. 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Miss Mun. of NABUA, Camarines Sur
IVY SALVINO
23 years old | Sales

DESCRIBE YOUR CHILDHOOD/GROWING YEARS (8-13 Years old)
I grew up in Bicol and my growing years were full of enjoyment. I loved playing with our neighbors after school then doing my assignment, as well as some light house chores.

WHAT LESSONS DID YOU LEARN FROM YOUR CHILDHOOD/GROWING YEARS?
Growing up, my parents kept on reminding me to always be strong and to thank God for all the blessings he gave us. I may have been a kid then but I will always cherish the lessons I learned during that period time the most.

WHAT IS YOUR MOST MEMORABLE MOMENT?
My most memorable moment was when I graduated from college! It's because after years of my parents' sacrifices, at long last I managed to finish my studies with my head held high! Thanks to my dearest parents and to God.

WHAT IS YOUR AMBITION IN LIFE?
To be successful in whatever career I pursue.
WHAT IS YOUR ENVIRONMENTAL ADVOCACY AND WHY DID YOU CHOOSE THIS?
"Be an example! Save the EARTH" -Today earth is facing its greatest menace. Our mother nature is experiencing continuous degradation. It is man's selfish motives and neglect that cause these threats to arise. But right now, there is still hope to make our home regain its flourish and abundance. Let us not wait for the time to come when's it's too late. Let us all act accordingly. Save the earth! Let's make it happen!

WHAT TIP CAN YOU SHARE TO PROMOTE SUSTAINABLE ENERGY FOR ALL?
It's all about the Natural. We must always bear in mind the future of the succeeding generations. It has something to do with them. Let's support and promote sustainable energy for all! 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Miss Province of NEGROS ORIENTAL
GLENNA CHRISTINA DUCH
18 years old | Business Management Student from Siliman University

DESCRIBE YOUR CHILDHOOD/GROWING YEARS (8-13 Years old)
During my childhood years, I was focused on different activities to develop my personality and well-being. I danced ballet, played the piano and violin and consistently did well in school. I also enjoyed playing with my neighbors and engaging in indoor activities like playing with dolls. I was very shy as a kid.

WHAT LESSONS DID YOU LEARN FROM YOUR CHILDHOOD/GROWING YEARS?
My childhood has taught me the value of education. I am very happy that my mom was always very particular about having good grades and being diligent even at a very young age because now, as a college student, I don't have a hard time adjusting to the responsibilities and the workload.

WHAT IS YOUR MOST MEMORABLE MOMENT?
My most memorable moment was when my parents exposed me to travelling. Through these experiences, my eyes were opened to the many different cultures and beautiful places in the world.

WHAT IS THE MOST UNUSUAL THING YOU'VE EVER DONE?
Taking a leap of faith and choosing to travel all by myself to Europe just before i turned 18. Through this experience, I was able to prove to myself that I am brave and strong. I also stepped out of my comfort zone when I was game enough to brave the cold so i can enjoy the nature and the mountains in Norway -- hiking.

WHAT IS YOUR AMBITION IN LIFE?
I want to become a flight attendant, be successful in the business industry, and to live a life full of happiness, peace and love.

WHAT IS YOUR ENVIRONMENTAL ADVOCACY AND WHY DID YOU CHOOSE THIS?
I would initiate activities of tree planting and growing programs specifically in our province, which has been hit by two calamities recently: "Sendong" and the earthquake. I would create information awareness through seminars and workshops so that children may be taught the value of our mother earth. I am taking the informative approach in dealing with these problems we are facing. Environmental education is everyone's concern, so we need to educate our people, especially those in the rural areas.

WHAT TIP CAN YOU SHARE TO PROMOTE SUSTAINABLE ENERGY FOR ALL?
We should all be smart when it comes to maximizing what we have and saving energy when we can. Instead of driving too much, park your car in one place and walk. Not only are you saving oil, but you are also making yourself healthier. Save as much power and energy as you can. I also encourage the government and business establishments to utilize solar power.

Click here to view full list of candidates. 
Get regular updates straight from your Facebook and Twitter accounts with The Blog of Innocence: SilentVoice Points. Make sure that you keep informed about the latest happenings around you. Be a fan of VoicePoints page on Facebook. Join the online conversation of the people behind your history. Follow and get some tweet updates from @voicepoints on Twitter. Discuss and be a part of this changing world. We believe in your voice. We believe in you. Shout! Speak your mind! Join now! You have the right. You have the freedom!
 
Need advertising partners? Email us now silentvoicepoints@yahoo.com.  Advertise with us!

0 comments:

SEARCH

Translate This Blog

Featured on

Featured on

ADVERTISE WITH US

ADVERTISE WITH US

ADVERTISE WITH US