Miss Philippines-Earth 2012 Candidates (16-18)

Miss Mun. of CATARMAN, Northern Samar
JEM FRANCELLE SANICO
21 years old

DESCRIBE YOUR CHILDHOOD/GROWING YEARS (8-13 Years old)
Way back, a typical weekend for us consisted of a spelling contest or an extemporaneous showdown. That was our idea of fun but mind you, it wasn't boring then. I grew up boyish - picking guns, spiders and running games over dolls and playing dress up. It was such a wonderful childhood and I will not mind repeating it again.

WHAT LESSONS DID YOU LEARN FROM YOUR CHILDHOOD/GROWING YEARS?
Growing up, I've learned a few lessons. First, when you want something, you have to work hard for it because nothing will be given to you on a silver platter. Second, life has no room for regrets. Once you've decided, accept the consequences. Lastly, sharing is not giving what you have in excess that's why it is also a sacrifice.

WHAT IS YOUR MOST MEMORABLE MOMENT?
There were many momentous events that I can mention, but what really struck me most was my first immersion at the Gawad Kalinga site. It may sound bad but it made me realize how I should be thankful for a lot of things because during the times I was complaining about how little I had, there were people very thankful for what little they've got.

WHAT IS THE MOST UNUSUAL THING YOU'VE EVER DONE?
I've researched for a cure to a chicken's colds.

WHAT IS YOUR AMBITION IN LIFE?
To make life a bit bearable by helping change or improve others' life conditions.

WHAT IS YOUR ENVIRONMENTAL ADVOCACY AND WHY DID YOU CHOOSE THIS?
I advocate planting more trees to help conserve the Philippine environment. As youth ambassador of the National Greening Program, we advocate that each volunteer plants 10 trees until 2016 to achieve the goal of planting 1.5 Billion trees in 1.5 Million hectares of Philippine forest land.

WHAT TIP CAN YOU SHARE TO PROMOTE SUSTAINABLE ENERGY FOR ALL?
Spreading awareness to citizens is an effective tool in promoting sustainable energy to all nations. 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Miss CEBU City
JANICA BURASCA
19 years old

DESCRIBE YOUR CHILDHOOD/GROWING YEARS (8-13 Years old)
My childhood days were very exciting. I joined many competitions and participated in school activities. I was an honor student and a class officer. I'm a member of Verbum organization and this organization's advocacy is to make others aware of God's creation.

WHAT LESSONS DID YOU LEARN FROM YOUR CHILDHOOD/GROWING YEARS?
My experiences taught how to be a good daughter and a good student. They thought me how to be strong and face things that I will eventually encounter.

WHAT IS YOUR MOST MEMORABLE MOMENT?
It was the time that I was chosen to be the representative of Cebu City for Miss Olive-C Philippines 2012.

WHAT IS THE MOST UNUSUAL THING YOU'VE EVER DONE?
None so far.

WHAT IS YOUR AMBITION IN LIFE?
My ambition in life is to be a registered nurse and hopefully, to be a cardiologist.

WHAT IS YOUR ENVIRONMENTAL ADVOCACY AND WHY DID YOU CHOOSE THIS?
Stop illegal logging for it is the main reason why there are many flash floods in the Philippines, like what happened to Cagayan De Oro. Every tree gives shelter and food needed for a healthy well-being of an individual.

WHAT TIP CAN YOU SHARE TO PROMOTE SUSTAINABLE ENERGY FOR ALL?
One tip that I can share to promote sustainable energy for all is promoting clean energy technology. Modern energy technologies are available right now addressing both global environmental protection and local development needs to reduce problems in energy. 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Miss Mun. of DARAGA, Albay
INA DOMINICA GUERRERO
18 years old | 3rd year, BS Management at Bicol University

DESCRIBE YOUR CHILDHOOD/GROWING YEARS (8-13 Years old)
I was just an average little girl who played with dolls and other girl stuff. I experienced being teased by my classmates because of my looks (they called me negra, agta or ita), but despite these things, I experienced the love and care of my parents and it shaped me into becoming who I am now.

WHAT LESSONS DID YOU LEARN FROM YOUR CHILDHOOD/GROWING YEARS?
I learned that if someone is pulling me down, or saying something against me, I shouldn't fight them physically. I should instead prove them wrong through actions or achievements and let God do the rest.

WHAT IS YOUR MOST MEMORABLE MOMENT?
When I won the award as the Unforgettable Look during our Seniors' Night (4th year high school in Saint Agnes Academy).

WHAT IS THE MOST UNUSUAL THING YOU'VE EVER DONE?
When I joined a local beauty pageant. I never imagined that I could do it. Luckily, I won first runner-up and received three major awards.

WHAT IS YOUR AMBITION IN LIFE?
To become a beauty queen, to put up my own business and to be a stewardess.

WHAT IS YOUR ENVIRONMENTAL ADVOCACY AND WHY DID YOU CHOOSE THIS?
Using solar energy as a source of electricity because solar energy is a renewable energy, which can never be exhausted.

WHAT TIP CAN YOU SHARE TO PROMOTE SUSTAINABLE ENERGY FOR ALL?
By using solar energy, geothermal energy, and wind energy to generate electricity.
Click here to view full list of candidates. 
Get regular updates straight from your Facebook and Twitter accounts with The Blog of Innocence: SilentVoice Points. Make sure that you keep informed about the latest happenings around you. Be a fan of VoicePoints page on Facebook. Join the online conversation of the people behind your history. Follow and get some tweet updates from @voicepoints on Twitter. Discuss and be a part of this changing world. We believe in your voice. We believe in you. Shout! Speak your mind! Join now! You have the right. You have the freedom!
 
Need advertising partners? Email us now silentvoicepoints@yahoo.com.  Advertise with us!

0 comments:

SEARCH

Translate This Blog

Featured on

Featured on

ADVERTISE WITH US

ADVERTISE WITH US

ADVERTISE WITH US