Miss Philippines-Earth 2012 Candidates (7-9)

Miss BELGIUM - FIl. Community
ROXANNE CORLUY
20 years old

DESCRIBE YOUR CHILDHOOD/GROWING YEARS (8-13 Years old)
Both of my parents were hardworking during this period of my life, yet they still showed their love and affection, though I had many house rules and restrictions. I was an only child till I was 10 years old, and stepped up to the job of being a good older sister to cute little brothers.

WHAT LESSONS DID YOU LEARN FROM YOUR CHILDHOOD/GROWING YEARS?
Realizing the fact that I was a big sister and thus, I need to take up certain responsibilities. Raising a child is a huge lifetime task where you're responsible for both physical and moral development. It is an arduous job, but it gives such fulfillment and happiness when you see a smile.

WHAT IS YOUR MOST MEMORABLE MOMENT?
During my elementary years, I attended Instituut Dames van het Christelijk Onderwijs, a school that instilled in me many values and proper etiquette. I was friends with many children of various nationalities, thus teaching me to be very open and friendly with people regardless of their appearance.

WHAT IS THE MOST UNUSUAL THING YOU'VE EVER DONE?
I was all slated to enroll in the University of Antwerp, yet I packed my bags and went straight to the Philippines upon hearing my siblings needed and missed me. You can get an education practically anywhere, but once those childhood years fly by, those are memories one can't get back.

WHAT IS YOUR AMBITION IN LIFE?
My childhood dream has always been to graduate in Medicine, with a specialization in Immunology. Secretly I pray for a good future and happy life for my dear siblings.

WHAT IS YOUR ENVIRONMENTAL ADVOCACY AND WHY DID YOU CHOOSE THIS?
I truly believe that we should educate the new generations, for they will be the ones to inherit the Earth. The mentality of our society is use-and-throw. When instead, we should find ways to reuse and reduce materials, extend their lifespan and durability, thus creating less garbage.

WHAT TIP CAN YOU SHARE TO PROMOTE SUSTAINABLE ENERGY FOR ALL?
A simple tip is to save energy where you can. Replace old light bulbs with energy efficient ones. Plug out electrical appliances at night. Don't use too much electronics if you can avoid it. 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Miss BI√ĎAN City
DANIELLA MARISSE FERNANDEZ
19 years old | 3rd year, AB Communications,University of Perpetual Help System - Laguna

DESCRIBE YOUR CHILDHOOD/GROWING YEARS (8-13 Years old)
Most of the people considered me as a competitor inside and outside school. I was trained to become a better person and part of it is my community. My parents protected me as if I was their only child. I had lots of friends and most of them loved me because I was honest, cheerful and thoughtful.

WHAT LESSONS DID YOU LEARN FROM YOUR CHILDHOOD/GROWING YEARS?
I've learned that I need to stand tall. I need to defend and protect my self and my family. You cannot trust anyone except for yourself. Lastly, I learned the importance of believing in one's capabilities and being true to oneself at all times.

WHAT IS YOUR MOST MEMORABLE MOMENT?
When I was given a chance to represent the country in the international competition in Malaysia and when I was crowned as the Miss Perpetual 2011.

WHAT IS THE MOST UNUSUAL THING YOU'VE EVER DONE?
The most unusual thing that I've ever done is to wake up late (9:00 am).

WHAT IS YOUR AMBITION IN LIFE?
My ambition in life is to become a known director of films and theater plays, as well as to become a news reporter someday.

WHAT IS YOUR ENVIRONMENTAL ADVOCACY AND WHY DID YOU CHOOSE THIS?
My advocacy states the promotion of Laguna de Bay as one of the tourist spots, in part of our governor's project and to create a project that will turn the water of Laguna de Bay into a hydroelectric source of energy in collaboration with the northeast monsoon wind.

WHAT TIP CAN YOU SHARE TO PROMOTE SUSTAINABLE ENERGY FOR ALL?
We need to know when to use things and when it is needed. Renewable energy can provide us an alternate supply but it never lasts for long. We need to know how to conserve and preserve what we have right now. 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Miss Mun. of CABUGAO, Ilocos Sur
DOROTHY JOY PAGURAYAN
24 years old | Senior Account Manager

DESCRIBE YOUR CHILDHOOD/GROWING YEARS (8-13 Years old)
Basically, I grew up in the province. I was already joining beauty pageants at the tender age of 9. I was a very ambitious girl. My dream was to become famous beauty queen, a successful businesswoman and to travel around the world.

WHAT LESSONS DID YOU LEARN FROM YOUR CHILDHOOD/GROWING YEARS?
Be optimistic. If you have a dream, find a way to achieve that dream. Nothing is impossible if you believe you can.

WHAT IS YOUR MOST MEMORABLE MOMENT?
Winning the competitions I join.

WHAT IS THE MOST UNUSUAL THING YOU'VE EVER DONE?
Eating exotic food like snake, frog, and horse meat.

WHAT IS YOUR AMBITION IN LIFE?
My ambition in life is to become successful and happy in whatever I do. I also want to have wonderful family in the future.

WHAT IS YOUR ENVIRONMENTAL ADVOCACY AND WHY DID YOU CHOOSE THIS?
I want to advocate or promote an environmental awareness program for students in elementary schools so that at an early age, they can learn how to take care and protect our mother earth by planting trees. They can start in their own backyards if they're taught how to recycle, how to use organic materials in their everyday life, etc.

WHAT TIP CAN YOU SHARE TO PROMOTE SUSTAINABLE ENERGY FOR ALL?
Instead of using plastic bags, just use paper bags. Instead of using your car to buy something near in your place, just walk going there. Plant trees. Promote using organic products.
Click here to view full list of candidates. 

Get regular updates straight from your Facebook and Twitter accounts with The Blog of Innocence: SilentVoice Points. Make sure that you keep informed about the latest happenings around you. Be a fan of VoicePoints page on Facebook. Join the online conversation of the people behind your history. Follow and get some tweet updates from @voicepoints on Twitter. Discuss and be a part of this changing world. We believe in your voice. We believe in you. Shout! Speak your mind! Join now! You have the right. You have the freedom!
 
Need advertising partners? Email us now silentvoicepoints@yahoo.com.  Advertise with us!

0 comments:

SEARCH

Translate This Blog

Featured on

Featured on

ADVERTISE WITH US

ADVERTISE WITH US

ADVERTISE WITH US