Miss Philippines-Earth 2012 Candidates (4-6)

Miss Mun. of BANTAY, Ilocos Sur
CHRISTINA JANA SIRATRANONT
25 years old | Provincial Tourism Officer in Charge

DESCRIBE YOUR CHILDHOOD/GROWING YEARS (8-13 Years old)
I surrounded myself with people who could influence me with music. During these times I was into pop and rock music. I also felt like this awkward and shy, tall girl. I was never really allowed to go out and my curfew was at 5 PM.

WHAT LESSONS DID YOU LEARN FROM YOUR CHILDHOOD/GROWING YEARS?
Enjoy life while you are still young. You should live life to the fullest and never take things for granted because sometimes, opportunities only knock on your door once. You'll never know what you've got till it's gone.

WHAT IS YOUR MOST MEMORABLE MOMENT?
Joining and winning beauty pageants.

WHAT IS THE MOST UNUSUAL THING YOU'VE EVER DONE?
I have let some opportunities slip away even if I really wanted them so bad. And I also joined activist groups way back in college, fighting for equality and fairness for us students.

WHAT IS YOUR AMBITION IN LIFE?
To become a successful person who's happy and content with whatever she has in life, to be surrounded by my family and friends and to become rich and famous.

WHAT IS YOUR ENVIRONMENTAL ADVOCACY AND WHY DID YOU CHOOSE THIS?
The 3 R's: Reuse, Reduce and Recycle. I believe that it can make a huge difference if we all learn to discipline ourselves and become aware that a lot of problems and calamities can be prevented by proper waste disposal.

WHAT TIP CAN YOU SHARE TO PROMOTE SUSTAINABLE ENERGY FOR ALL?
Preserve ecological balance and conserve energy by lessening our consumption of it. The old and traditional ways and going back to the basics can help us achieve sustainable energy and utilize whatever available resources we have. I hope the government promotes the importance of biofuel as a substitute for the regular ones that pollute the air we breathe. 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Miss BATANGAS City
QUENNIE UY

DESCRIBE YOUR CHILDHOOD/GROWING YEARS (8-13 Years old)
My childhood years were quite similar to that of any normal kid. I was bullied and criticized. I was a late bloomer so some people noticed that I didn't look like my other siblings. I was able to cope, however, because I have a very loving family and they were very supportive. Unfortunately, my father died in a vehicular accident and it was a sad and unforgettable moment for me because he passed to soon.

WHAT LESSONS DID YOU LEARN FROM YOUR CHILDHOOD/GROWING YEARS?
You should always show your parents how much you love them because you'll never know how long they'll be around. I never felt like I was able to show my father how much I love him and I now regret not being open about it. Because of this, I've learned to express my feelings. I've also learned that inner beauty matters more than physical beauty. Lastly, I've realized that life has so much to offer and so much give, and it's up to us to create our destiny. The decisions and choices we make matter, so we should always use wisdom in making them. Life, after all, is whatever we make of it.

WHAT IS YOUR MOST MEMORABLE MOMENT?
The first time I won a beauty pageant. It was my second pageant, and I didn't expect to win. All of the candidates were good and I saw myself as a novice, yet I bagged the special awards.

WHAT IS YOUR AMBITION IN LIFE?
To be a successful nurse, to help the sick people and to help support my family.

WHAT IS YOUR ENVIRONMENTAL ADVOCACY AND WHY DID YOU CHOOSE THIS?
I want to promote the environment code. I chose this because it contains articles that can help preserve our environment. One article states that we should eliminate plastics/styrofoam and BYOB or bring your own bag/bayong instead. This way, we can help to curb global warming.

WHAT TIP CAN YOU SHARE TO PROMOTE SUSTAINABLE ENERGY FOR ALL?
We should conserve energy and use it only for what we really need. We can also use solar energy for our landposts. It can help to prevent greenhouse gas emissions.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Miss Mun. of BATUAN, Bohol
ZENELINE BULALAQUE
20 years old | Model

DESCRIBE YOUR CHILDHOOD/GROWING YEARS (8-13 Years old)
My childhood was sophisticated, pleasant and was never a bore because I was surrounded by wonderful friends and relatives who gave their unending love and support from the day I was born until I became the person I am today. My childhood was full of epic and remarkable adventures. I would never ever trade it for anything else and it will never be forgotten. I used to climb mountains and old trees that were so huge. I fished in a pond far from home, I went highway biking using a motorbike, I cooked coconut bits in a mini forest, I ate sour stalks and I played "bahay-bahayan" on a little bridge just beside Batuan highway.

The journey of my childhood will never be complete without my Joy, Blenda, Bibi, Eboy, Ryan, Zarah and Zandra.

WHAT LESSONS DID YOU LEARN FROM YOUR CHILDHOOD/GROWING YEARS?
I learned how to be independent, innovative, resourceful, generous and kind. I also learned the importance of taking things into perspective before a deed is done or a word is said.

WHAT IS YOUR MOST MEMORABLE MOMENT?
The most memorable moment was when I surprisingly won the first pageant I ever joined. Now I'm living my dream as the 2012 Miss Cebu Rahabilitative Scences, and hopefully, winning the title of Miss Philippines-Earth would be next.

WHAT IS THE MOST UNUSUAL THING YOU'VE EVER DONE?
The most unusual thing I've ever done was to take every opportunity that came because I recently realized that if I kept being an introvert and if I let my chances pass, I can never achieve my dreams of becoming a beauty queen.

WHAT IS YOUR AMBITION IN LIFE?
My ambition is life is to become a patriotic occupational therapist. I would like to serve the country and at the same time, be a beauty queen and a model.

WHAT IS YOUR ENVIRONMENTAL ADVOCACY AND WHY DID YOU CHOOSE THIS?
The environmental advocacy that I want to incorporate into my society would be tree-planting for both land and sea. This is because evidence of deforestation due to illegal logging is transparent in our locality right now. The mangrove trees, where fishes, seaweeds and other sea creatures make their homes are also decreasing in number. I choose this advocacy so I can help mother earth and make myself an instrument of change.

WHAT TIP CAN YOU SHARE TO PROMOTE SUSTAINABLE ENERGY FOR ALL?
I would promote the use of wind energy. If the government could implement this, not only do we save the environment from the harsh pollutants fossil fuels emit, we also help our economy as we would no longer depend on the rise and fall of petroleum prices in the world market. Rich or poor, EVERY household in our country would have lights in their homes.

As of the moment, that we are not applying wind energy, I STRONGLY suggest that we help reduce the use of energy, like turning off appliances when not in use, as well as unplugging them and simply walking to a nearby store instead of using a car.
Click here to view full list of candidates. 
Get regular updates straight from your Facebook and Twitter accounts with The Blog of Innocence: SilentVoice Points. Make sure that you keep informed about the latest happenings around you. Be a fan of VoicePoints page on Facebook. Join the online conversation of the people behind your history. Follow and get some tweet updates from @voicepoints on Twitter. Discuss and be a part of this changing world. We believe in your voice. We believe in you. Shout! Speak your mind! Join now! You have the right. You have the freedom!
 
Need advertising partners? Email us now silentvoicepoints@yahoo.com.  Advertise with us!

0 comments:

SEARCH

Translate This Blog

Featured on

Featured on

ADVERTISE WITH US

ADVERTISE WITH US

ADVERTISE WITH US