Miss Philippines-Earth 2012 Candidates (37-39)

Miss PUERTO PRINCESA City
THOREEN HALVORSEN
19 years old | Tourism Student

DESCRIBE YOUR CHILDHOOD/GROWING YEARS (8-13 Years old)
As a child, life was very challenging for me. When I was 7 years old, my dad had a medical condition which caused memory loss to the point that he couldn't even recognize us. He then passed away the following year. It was extremely hard to move on but I still managed to keep a smile on my face and enjoy my life with the help of my friends, my family and prayers.

WHAT LESSONS DID YOU LEARN FROM YOUR CHILDHOOD/GROWING YEARS?
My childhood experiences made me grow as a person. I learned the importance of that facing all of my trials and developing a deeper faith in God because, whatever happens, He's always there to help us, guide us and make us a better people

WHAT IS YOUR MOST MEMORABLE MOMENT?
My most memorable moment was my academic achievement in 3rd grade because that was the first time my Dad attended a school activity for me. He even placed the medal around my neck. Seeing him very proud, especially since it was the last thing he ever did for me, is something I will always cherish.

WHAT IS THE MOST UNUSUAL THING YOU'VE EVER DONE?
For me, it's joining the different environmental activities of the city government in Puerto Princesa. There's the Pista y ang Kagueban or Feast in the Forest every 3rd week of June, where we plant trees. We also have a love affair with nature every February where we plant mangroves. I never really attended events like this before because you have to wake up at 5 o'clock in the morning, but since I started joining them, I've been attending every year. I eventually realized the events' significance and that all your efforts, such as waking up early or getting your hands dirty planting trees is for the future generations.

WHAT IS YOUR AMBITION IN LIFE?
After graduating from my course in B.S. Tourism, I want to further my studies by taking up law and hopefully becoming a successful lawyer.

WHAT IS YOUR ENVIRONMENTAL ADVOCACY AND WHY DID YOU CHOOSE THIS?
"No To Mining" -- a current issue that our province is facing is the mining activity in the southern part of Palawan. It affects the livelihood of the residents there, especially those in the Agriculture industry. The southern part of Palawan is now experiencing calamities they haven't experience before, such as flooding. I know it's not too late to take action and stop mining, not only in Palawan but in other parts of the Philippines as well. Let's preserve and save mother earth for the future generations.

WHAT TIP CAN YOU SHARE TO PROMOTE SUSTAINABLE ENERGY FOR ALL?
Renewable energy is a solution for sustainable energy because the level of fossil fuels today are steadily declining and by using renewable energy such as solar energy, wind energy or geothermal energy, we could definitely help mankind and mother earth as well. Let's all use cleaner and safer alternatives for energy to slowly mitigate climate change, lessen pollution and fight against global warming. 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Miss QUEZON City
STEPHANY DIANNE STEFANOWITZ
22 years old | Freelance Model, Designer, Host and Singer

DESCRIBE YOUR CHILDHOOD/GROWING YEARS (8-13 Years old)
I had a very happy childhood. I was a very happy and energetic little girl! I was pretty much friends with everyone. Also, I was an honor student and a teacher's pet. My hair, which was light blonde at that age, eventually grew to Ash blonde/brown.

WHAT LESSONS DID YOU LEARN FROM YOUR CHILDHOOD/GROWING YEARS?
Enjoy every bit of it, never be in a rush to grow up.

WHAT IS YOUR MOST MEMORABLE MOMENT?
We would celebrate every Christmas in our home and the family would be complete. It has always been tradition to have turkey-- really good turkey, prepared by my mom! Also, when I was 9 years old, my mom threw me a huge Tweety Bird birthday party! Everything was Tweety Bird, down to the cake, 'palayok', and loot bags!

WHAT IS THE MOST UNUSUAL THING YOU'VE EVER DONE?
I climbed a mountain, Mount Makulot, with my brother. Never thought I could do it, but I did. It was a great experience and I would love to do it again!

WHAT IS YOUR AMBITION IN LIFE?
If God wills it, to finally take home the title of Miss Philippines Earth 2012, and eventually Miss Earth 2012 in the International pageant! To become successful, contented, happy! To live life to the fullest and to live it how God has planned it for me!

WHAT IS YOUR ENVIRONMENTAL ADVOCACY AND WHY DID YOU CHOOSE THIS?
The year 2012 I believe, is a time for positive change. It's time to put our foot down when it comes to conserving and preserving our natural resources. I will stand as a strong leader and role model to educate, inform and spread awareness, not only for ourselves but also, of course, for the future generations.

WHAT TIP CAN YOU SHARE TO PROMOTE SUSTAINABLE ENERGY FOR ALL?
Turning off your lights at home when not in use.
Opt for the electric fan when it is not too warm instead of the AC.
WALK! 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Miss Mun. of RODRIGUEZ, Rizal
MARY JOYCE CRUZ
19 years old | BS HRM Student at Our Lady of Fatima University

DESCRIBE YOUR CHILDHOOD/GROWING YEARS (8-13 Years old)
I was an ordinary kid. In school, I used to joined different organizations, such as dance groups.

WHAT LESSONS DID YOU LEARN FROM YOUR CHILDHOOD/GROWING YEARS?
One of the most important lessons that I have learned during my childhood days is the importance of paying attention and being focused.

WHAT IS YOUR MOST MEMORABLE MOMENT?
What I consider one of my most memorable moments was the first time I ever joined a competition. I joined a singing contest in our school (high school) and won 1st place.

WHAT IS THE MOST UNUSUAL THING YOU'VE EVER DONE?
I can say that the most unusual thing I've done is when I dressed like a man for our activity in school. Though it was quite embarrassing, I knew I'd surpass the embarrassment since it was for a school activity anyway.

WHAT IS YOUR AMBITION IN LIFE?
My ambition in life is to finish my studies, to put up my own business, to be the next Miss Philippines EARTH and to provide a better living for my family

WHAT IS YOUR ENVIRONMENTAL ADVOCACY AND WHY DID YOU CHOOSE THIS?
My environmental advocacy is forest preservation and the massive rehabilitation of our nature. Since the Philippines is blessed with abundant natural resources, I think we should focus more on how we can preserve and regain the beauty of our nature. After all, we are all dependent on our mother earth.

WHAT TIP CAN YOU SHARE TO PROMOTE SUSTAINABLE ENERGY FOR ALL?
One tip that I can share is to unplug household appliances when not in use. We should also use alternative ways in doing our everyday chores depending on our natural skills and not just on electrical energy.
 Click here to view full list of candidates. 
Get regular updates straight from your Facebook and Twitter accounts with The Blog of Innocence: SilentVoice Points. Make sure that you keep informed about the latest happenings around you. Be a fan of VoicePoints page on Facebook. Join the online conversation of the people behind your history. Follow and get some tweet updates from @voicepoints on Twitter. Discuss and be a part of this changing world. We believe in your voice. We believe in you. Shout! Speak your mind! Join now! You have the right. You have the freedom!
 
Need advertising partners? Email us now silentvoicepoints@yahoo.com.  Advertise with us!

0 comments:

SEARCH

Translate This Blog

Featured on

Featured on

ADVERTISE WITH US

ADVERTISE WITH US

ADVERTISE WITH US