Miss Philippines-Earth 2012 Candidates (13-15)

Miss CALBAYOG City
MA. GENEFE NAVILON
Model

DESCRIBE YOUR CHILDHOOD/GROWING YEARS (8-13 Years old)
I had a good family life, though my parents argued a lot. My family was very supportive and I knew that I was well-loved. I was also very skinny when I was young so I was always teased. I didn't care about my appearance and rarely fixed my hair or dressed up. I developed a fascination for reading fiction at an early age and had a special interest in journalism. I was a consistent honor student, but I wasn't very popular and I rarely got noticed. I had a very happy childhood, full of laughter and no worries. I look back with no regrets.

WHAT LESSONS DID YOU LEARN FROM YOUR CHILDHOOD/GROWING YEARS?
I learned that some people will always put you down, so the best thing you can do is keep your chin up and not give them the satisfaction of seeing you beaten down. I also learned that humility is an important trait that can help give you a clearer perspective on life. Lastly, I've learned that respect is very essential, but you can't earn respect without kindness and integrity.

WHAT IS YOUR MOST MEMORABLE MOMENT?
The most memorable moment for me, I guess, was seeing the proud look on my papa's face when I won Miss Anyag. I've always known that he would be proud of me no matter what I did, but seeing him with misty eyes and a huge grin made me really happy and at that moment. I vowed that I would try my best to always make him proud, if only to see that reaction again.

WHAT IS THE MOST UNUSUAL THING YOU'VE EVER DONE?
Join pageants - I've just never seen myself as a beauty queen when I was young. I wanted to be a journalist, a news anchor, but I never imagined I'd want to be a beauty queen. I was very shy and although I consider myself to be a confident person, I never imagined I'd have the courage to face a lot of people on stage, walk with a full smile and answer the q & a with grace. Joining my first pageant was definitely a leap out of my comfort zone because it was something unusual for me.

WHAT IS YOUR AMBITION IN LIFE?
When I was young, I wanted a lot of things and I was very particular about it. But now, I would just simply say that my ambition is to find the profession that I'm passionate about, do something useful and worthwhile that would impact a lot of people, and be happy with my life.

WHAT IS YOUR ENVIRONMENTAL ADVOCACY AND WHY DID YOU CHOOSE THIS?
My environmental advocacy is to promote Green/Sustainable living in all the communities, especially cities around the world. I think that sustainable living would immensely help in preventing global environmental degradation. I believe in the significance of the government's role in promoting this and educating the people that a little alteration in their lifestyles can go a long way in saving our environment.

WHAT TIP CAN YOU SHARE TO PROMOTE SUSTAINABLE ENERGY FOR ALL?
I encourage everyone to use alternative sources of energy. There have been many developments in sustainable energy -- we have the existing alternatives, such as the use of solar energy and the newer developments, such as green energy. 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Miss CALOOCAN City
ELLYZ LEE SANTOS
19 years old | BS Pharmacy, Centro Escolar University Manila

DESCRIBE YOUR CHILDHOOD/GROWING YEARS (8-13 Years old)
My childhood years have not been like what other children experienced during their childhood days. I was not the typical kid who had a lot of time to play with other kids because my brother and I helped in our family drug store. My parents preferred we stay at home and to play with our toys or read our books. I didn't like it at first because I was young and I wanted to have fun with my friends. We did have our so-called childhood "barkada" but they later on moved to different places, so I seldom went outside. My brother and I used to call our cousins to come over. We played hide and seek, paper dolls, jumping rope, and there was also a time when we turned our house into a haunted house.

Some would usually tease me that I was like a nun when I was younger because I went to church in the morning and the afternoon every Sunday. I was even thinking of entering a convent but I realized that I was not born to be a sister, so I've decided to become a beauty queen or a model instead. I really did have a lot of dreams during my childhood.

In school, I had some crushes when I was in elementary and I can still remember that my favorite subject was Art. I believe that childhood is really the time where one is molded to become a woman.

WHAT LESSONS DID YOU LEARN FROM YOUR CHILDHOOD/GROWING YEARS?
I consider my childhood years to be very important years in my life. That period molded me to become who I am right now. I've learned that there are always reasons behind why our parents don't allow us to do this and that. They didn't allow me to play outside because they didn't want me to get hurt and they didn't want me to get distracted from my studies. My teachers used to tell us that we should be intelligent in everything that we do but what I've learned is that being wise is more important than being intelligent.

WHAT IS YOUR MOST MEMORABLE MOMENT?
My most memorable moment was with my grandfather. Actually, he wasn't my grandfather in blood but in soul. He was a jeepney driver and I used to go with him whenever he was plying his jeepney. He always gave me money when my mom wouldn't give me any and the times I spent with him were unforgettable. During my debut party, a part of me wished that he had been there to dance with me. Unfortunately, he died when I was just seven years old. The seven years I spent with him will never be forgotten.

WHAT IS THE MOST UNUSUAL THING YOU'VE EVER DONE?
Eating exotic food.

WHAT IS YOUR AMBITION IN LIFE?
My ambition in life is to be a successful pharmacist, and to help my fellowmen improve their lives. I also yearn for a clean, safe and green country.

WHAT IS YOUR ENVIRONMENTAL ADVOCACY AND WHY DID YOU CHOOSE THIS?
I advocate the use of recyclable materials. I choose this because I believe that waste products can still be useful in many ways. By making a used material into a new product we can reduce the destruction of raw materials, reduce air pollution and water pollution. It can also lower the production of greenhouse gases, which can lead to the so-called greenhouse effect.

WHAT TIP CAN YOU SHARE TO PROMOTE SUSTAINABLE ENERGY FOR ALL?
Unplugging all the household appliances, which are not in use (except for the refrigerator of course) because it reduces the usage of energy so it promotes sustainable energy for all.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Miss CANDON City
MARICEL MANSANO
24 years old | Senior Account Manager

DESCRIBE YOUR CHILDHOOD/GROWING YEARS (8-13 Years old)
Full of adventure and it was beautiful.

WHAT LESSONS DID YOU LEARN FROM YOUR CHILDHOOD/GROWING YEARS?
I was able to practice the art of gratitude. I always felt like someone was watching over me, that He'll never let me down and I was so thankful for that.

WHAT IS YOUR MOST MEMORABLE MOMENT?
When I travelled abroad alone, seeing different people from different walk of life. Witnessing diversity is the most beautiful thing that ever happened to me. It made me appreciate life even more. I always say that life is too short to stay in one place.

WHAT IS THE MOST UNUSUAL THING YOU'VE EVER DONE?
Went to a retreat house and meditated, it lasted for 7 days.

WHAT IS YOUR AMBITION IN LIFE?
Quite frankly, my ambition is very simple and that is I to travel as far as I can and to learn as much as my brain can take. Learn people's culture and share my learning's to other people is my goal.I am so fascinated with anything and everything that I see around me. To find that "something" that binds us all is my motivation for living.

WHAT IS YOUR ENVIRONMENTAL ADVOCACY AND WHY DID YOU CHOOSE THIS?
My personal environmental advocacy would be to promote environmental awareness to grade-schoolers through education. It might sound cliché but I really believe that they are our hope and if we will be successful in instilling in them the importance of being responsible to their environment at such a young age then I am sure that they will be responsible in every area of their lives as well. Also, since this year's theme is "sustainable energy for all" I want to uphold and promote the use of solar bottles which is a good way to save energy and to support the constant search for technology which can be utilized to save energy.

WHAT TIP CAN YOU SHARE TO PROMOTE SUSTAINABLE ENERGY FOR ALL?
As much as I want to be too technical, the tip that I can give is very simple and that is to have enough initiative to apply what we know because knowing alone does not make a difference. If turning off all electronic devices that are not in use is the best thing to do then do so.
Click here to view full list of candidates. 
Get regular updates straight from your Facebook and Twitter accounts with The Blog of Innocence: SilentVoice Points. Make sure that you keep informed about the latest happenings around you. Be a fan of VoicePoints page on Facebook. Join the online conversation of the people behind your history. Follow and get some tweet updates from @voicepoints on Twitter. Discuss and be a part of this changing world. We believe in your voice. We believe in you. Shout! Speak your mind! Join now! You have the right. You have the freedom!
 
Need advertising partners? Email us now silentvoicepoints@yahoo.com.  Advertise with us!

0 comments:

SEARCH

Translate This Blog

Featured on

Featured on

ADVERTISE WITH US

ADVERTISE WITH US

ADVERTISE WITH US